Luxor Climate & Temperature
- Luxor, Egypt is at 25°40'N, 32°42'E, 99 m (325 ft). See map.
- Luxor has a subtropical desert / low-latitude arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BWh)
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Luxor is situated in or near the subtropical desert biome.
- The mean temperature is 24.3 degrees Celsius (75.8 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 18.5 °C (33.3°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype semicontinental.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1 mm (0 inches) which is equivalent to 1 Litres/m² (0.02 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Luxor you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Tubuai, French Polynesia where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Luxor Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Luxor Climate Graph in Metric Units
Luxor Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Luxor, Egypt Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: