Luxor Climate & Temperature
- Luxor, Egypt is at 25°40'N, 32°42'E, 99 m (325 ft). See map.
- Luxor has a subtropical desert / low-latitude arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BWh)
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Luxor is situated in or near the subtropical desert biome.
- The average annual temperature is 24.3 degrees Celsius (75.8 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 18.5 °C (33.3°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype semicontinental.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1 mm (0 inches) which is equivalent to 1 Litres/m² (0.02 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Luxor you would come out nearest to the climate station at Tubuai, French Polynesia where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Luxor Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Luxor Climate Graph in Metric Units
Luxor Climograph in English Units
Climate of Luxor, Egypt Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: